Wood Product Care Instructions:
- At least once a month (depending upon the use and household conditions), apply an even coat of board conditioner or wood wax to all surfaces of your wood cutting board using a cloth or disposable towel. Allow the conditioner or wax to sit for at least 15 minutes or up to overnight.Then wipe off any excess.
After removing the excess if you notice any visibly dry spots repeat the application of the wax or conditioner.
Our vegan wood wax and conditioners are made from a blend of food-grade oils and plant based waxes. This gives a protective top layer to the wood surface against foods and liquids and helps keep the water out and the oil in.
ALWAYS CLEAN THE CUTTING BOARD THOROUGHLY AFTER CUTTING FISH OR POULTRY.
- If your board is reversible, it should be turned over periodically to allow even usage to both work surface
Important Usage Reminders:
- DO NOT allow liquids of any type to stand on the cutting board for long periods of time.
DO NOT let fresh, wet meats lay on the board longer than necessary. Brine, water, and blood contain many liquids, which can soak into the wood, causing the cutting board to expand, the wood to soften, and affecting the strength of the glued joints.
- DO NOT cut continuously in the same surface area. Distribute your cutting over the entire work surface so that it will wear evenly.
DO NOT use a razor-edged cleaver. It will chip or splinter the wood and produce soft spots. Your cleaver should have a dull sharpened edge for best results.
- You can use a good steel scraper or spatula several, as necessary, to remove liquds and keep the cutting surface clean and sanitary. Scraping the surfaces can help remove majority of the liquid.
DO NOT use a steel brush on the cutting surface of your board.
- DO NOT cut fish or poultry on the cutting board work surface, unless you have thoroughly followed the recommended care instructions. The moisture barrier must be intact prior to cutting any type of fish, seafood, or poultry on the cutting board work surface to reduce the chance of bacterial contamination.
- Sanitize your cutting board by wiping all surfaces down with mild dish soap and water. Dry thoroughly.
DO NOT wash your wood cutting board with harsh detergents of any type.
DO NOT wash your butcher's tools on your cutting board surface.
DO NOT put boards or trays into the dishwasher.